Anode rod installation

I went to one of the water heater sites mentioned in a post. I found all kinds of solutions for installing an anode rod if it is too long for the space above the water heater - bending the rod before insertion, buying an articulated rod, drilling a hole in the ceiling and then patching later, etc.
NOT ONE post mentioned cutting off about 2 or 3 inches from the rod to clear the space limitation.
Am I missing something since this appears the easiest solution ? So you lose about 3 inches off the NEW rod. For all the hassle involved above, cut it and change it again a year earlier if you feel you need to.
What is wrong with cutting 3 inches or so off the rod ???
TIA

Other than losing that bit you cut off there is no problem. If I was 3 inches short however I think I would try flexing the rod first.
--

Roger Shoaf

You need a rabbi for that