Anchoring screws in a lamp

I'm repairing a used high-intensity lamp with a magnifying lens that I picked up. Three screw sockets are either split or disintegrated, probably from over-tightening. (See picture 1.) On one side of the lamp housing, I ground down part of the damaged socket with a Dremel and glued a plastic anchor in place bracing it with the side of the housing. (See picture 2.) I'm pretty sure this will work ok for that side.
On the other side, the sockets are 1/2" from the side of the housing so there's nothing to support a plastic anchor. (See picture 3; sockets in picture 1 viewed from above.) I could use a suggestion on how to support these two screws.
Picture 1
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5237/27526938.jpg
Picture 2
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5236/53461620.jpg
Picture 3
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7058/81995353.jpg
Add pictures here
✖

Been there done that. Filled hole with 24 hour JB Weld. Put a sleeve around broken parts and added more JB. Before taking JB out of tubes to mix I warm the 2 tubes with a heat gun (careflly) This makes it more fluid and will fill hole. Next day drill and tap in threads for proper hole size for screws. WW
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 14, 8:49 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

The repair suggested by WW is worth a try.
Otherwise, I'd try drilling & tapping the remaining boss and using a small diameter machine screw.
cheers Bob
Add pictures here
✖

I have a plastic repair product that I used when I was repairing a lot of consumer electronic items. I got it from the local electronic supply house years ago. It is a fine plastic powder and a solvent that when mixed in the proper ratio will produce a plastic putty or paste and will be much like the plastic part being repaired when it sets up. I couldn't find the original online but I came across the same thing here:
http://plastex.net /
Look at their thread repair photos:
http://plastex.net/index.php?pr=Repaired_Photos
And how to video:
http://plastex.net/index.php?pr=How_To_Videos
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 14, 10:49 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

Consider studs instead of screws. The repair would then consist of anchoring cut off screws (studs) into what remains of the threads with Cyanoacrylate cement, then reinforcing with JB Weld build up. That might even be far stronger than the original.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖

What everyone else has said is exactly what I would say.
Add pictures here
✖
A big thank you to everyone for your suggestions and comments. The lamp is now back together and working.
Also, special thanks to BobK for introducing me to the proper word for a molded socket: boss. (Do most DIY folks recognize that word or just mechanical engineers?) Bob
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

and re-assemble(gently).