ALERT: AVOID Shell gas stations in South USA for week

Page 2 of 2
Okay I stand corrected and you have well said your claim and backed it up with reliable news sources. Of course if you had just included that simple little link in the begining we could have red the story and gone out and filled up our tanks anyway because lets face it, we don't carry test kits for our gasoline to test it before we buy so we rely on the refiners to give us good stuff. Just like we rely on the wieghts and measure guys to make sure the pumps are pumping a gallon when it says it's a gallon. I stand corrected on the shell closing thanks for the links.
--
Happy Trials
PackMule

Anybody who takes anything posted on the usent at face value.....
MOM
You are attributing/linking in the thread, this to the wrong person, all I did was explain the gauge.
I could have come up with the old ones (links) that happened a couple years back, this isn't the first time. Chrysler and Jeep gauges were especially susceptible.
Mike 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
PackMule wrote:

Mike Romain wrote:

Retiredff wrote:

A news release from the oil refinery resposible for it: (http://www.motivaenterprises.com /)
New Orleans, Louisiana Gas Gauge Advisory
Media Advisory
Motiva Enterprises LLC has determined that gasoline delivered into its Kenner, Louisiana Distribution Terminal contains elevated levels of sulfur. The elevated levels of sulfur may cause gas gauge sensors on some vehicles to malfunction; however, these elevated sulfur levels are not known to affect engine performance or cause engine damage.
Motiva is temporarily ceasing the sale of gasoline from its Kenner Terminal and is supplying the market with fuel from the company's distribution terminal located in Convent, Louisiana.
Some Texaco and Shell-branded stations in the New Orleans area have received supply from the Kenner Terminal. Because the quality of our gasoline is paramount to us, we have elected to temporarily halt selling gasoline at stations that have been affected. We will remedy the situation at affected locations to ensure the integrity of our product.
Customers experiencing unusual gas gauge readings are encouraged to monitor their mileage or to keep fuel tanks filled in order to prevent run-outs. Shell stands behind its products and affected customers can contact Shell at 1-877-825-2467.
Motiva and Shell regret this occurrence and are working diligently and applying all appropriate resources to resolve known and suspected sulfur issues affecting fuel quality as quickly as possible. In addition, we are also working closely with affected parties to help ensure adequate supplies of gasoline for our customers.