Air Nailer Leaking

I just got a Senco - model SFN2 air nailer. I found it at an auction and it sold real cheap because there was a sign on it that said "Needs Work". All I had to do was put a little WD40 in the air fitting and it works fine.
The only thing, it is constantly leaking a small amount of air from th exhaust port on the "head". What could be causing this air leak?
Mark
Any pneumatic nailer has O-rings that eventually wear from use or lack of lubrication. Some of the Senco's are designed to work without lubrication. WD40 is too thin - any home center will have nailer oil in a small plastic bottle. Take the nailer to a repair shop and either get them to order an O-ring set for you or let them repair it.
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 06:27:46 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.com wrote:

you can buy senco o ring kits. that would be the place to start. i had a leaking hitachi framer that was leaking because the machining on an o ring seat had a ridge in it.
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.com wrote:

Can you tell me where to get these kits, please?
I live in a rural area, there are no repair places nearby. Mailorder is my only option.
Thanks
Mark

snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com says...

I bought a O-ring kit on eBay for my Bostich N63CP.
Here is a kit for your nailer for $20:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Senco-SFN2-Finish-Nailer-O-Ring-Kit-KTSE725E_W0QQitemZ220039954176QQihZ012QQcategoryZ50378QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
--
Keith