air compressor ?

What are quick/simple tests to figure out whether or not my pressure switch and unloader valve are working OK on my piston/tank air compressor?

Reply to
rb

when the air compressor shuts down you should hear air coming out like a Puff.... like someone letting out steam....... thats the air that is coming out to get the pressure off the piston so next time it starts up it can do so and not be bogged down with that added pressure....... the pressure switch shuts off the air compressor when it reached the desired prsssure you have the gauge set to, like you need 40 lbs. pressure... when the gauge goes to 40 lbs. the compressor should shut down...... you also have a check valve(its at the tank, connecting the larger tubing from the compressor to the tank... its job is to keep the air in the tank and close off so the pressure from the tank does not go back to the pistons.... if you start blowing fuses it might be the check valve that is bad as it is leting the air back to the pistons and the electric motor is laboring trying to pump the piston with this added pressure on it.....

Reply to
jim