Agitator Replacement Maytag washing machine

    The bottom of my agitator in my Maytag washing machine which is not even 2 years old has a bunch of dents in it which I am assuming pieces of clothing are getting stuck on and are tearing our clothes. I believe that even a replacement agitator will eventually have the same issue as there is a gap between the agitator and the tub of the machine in which I can fit my fingers into (not sure if this is a known flaw or not).     When I removed the old screw it had a pink residue which I am assuming is loctite or some similar product. When I went to Home Depot the other day I saw two versions, one blue and one red. The problem was that the red said permanent and I was afraid that was not the correct one, so I bought the blue one which says is removable. Am I correct tin using the blue or should I purchase the red?
Thanks in advance,