After the basement flood. Now what?

Page 2 of 2

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I hate it when someone here actually makes sense instead of baseless assumptions.

I'll think about it when I'm going to sleep tonight. Turns out, it was groundwater.
It was ground water. I have two sump pumps, plus a trash pump going. Still was unable to keep up with the water. Neighbors had anywhere from a foot to 4 feet in their basements. I had about a foot.

"Jack" wrote

You'll be ok then Jack. Let it dry out and treat for mold (need not be an expensive process, it's gonna be a DIY level thing) then check all along the basement for any new small seepage cracks. Potentially some miniscule ones got bigger. Next time it rains, check down there and see if water seems to be seeping in and if so, where from which makes treating it easier.
Had that happen in a house in Charlottesville after a hurricane remnant swept through. Mom got something wth a nozzle that filled a few very small areas all the way back and no more problems. Some sort of cement that was real thin but dried hard after filling the cracks in.