~Advice on garden edger needed

I want to get a garden edger to help me with my landscaping. The soil here is rocky and clay based so it will have to be one with good power. If it trenched too, that would be a bonus, but I'd rather have a good single-use tool than an adequate compromise. Gas powered is probably best, but I'll consider whatever does a good job and makes a nice straight line.
Jo (in eastern Canada)
PS I live in a smaller town and no one rents them here.

So buy a gas-powered edger. What is your question again?
Dimitri
Edgers , weed wackers, I retired them in favor of Roundup and propane. So what was your question again.
I have a small Honda tiller that works well. I had a Mantis, but it had a lot of problems with the engine, while the Honda is near bullet proof. It can trench, within limits, but making the nice straight line depends on the skill of the operator.
JoKing wrote:

there.
Skil is supposed to be great but I was cheap and bought a Poultin

here
I meant STIHL

single-use