Advice needed for selecting kitchen wall tile

I want to put up some tile on the sheetrock between the new backsplash and cabinetry. I am thinking of those small tiles that come glued to a mat but it seems like trouble cutting them if the fit is not right. I am pretty handy but have never messed with tile. Any recommendations here? Thanks

Reply to
puttster

"puttster" wrote in news:68DAf.29800$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com:

I just finished doing my own backsplash using 6 inch tiles run in a diagonal pattern. I can tell you a few things about the experience:

  1. Backsplashes are difficult -- everything is highly visible, and therefore must be done almost perfectly. Those grout lines and corner seams will come back to haunt you if not done evenly and correctly.
  2. Backsplashes take a lot of time -- all those corners and edges mean a lot of planning, measurements and cuts. My wife and I took almost 30 hours to do 32 square feet of backsplash -- a professional could probably zip through the same job in less than a day.
  3. Buy a small tile saw -- you won't regret the purchase.

Personally, I would recommend that you do your first tiling work on something less demanding.

Reply to
Murray Peterson