ADT Yard sign

Page 1 of 2
Anyone know where I can buy just a ADT security system yard sign and some window decals. I did a lot of searching but just came up with complete security systems. I just want the sign, thanks.
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:31:32 -0500 "dh" used 3 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

Ebay
--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email

Just for fun I looked, and your are right! Going price is $26.
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 04:25:50 GMT "toller" used 17 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

Did you think I was lying? ;~)
--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email

Are the really a deterrent or do they say "cut the phone line"?
Utility water, or a well? Either way, that's WAY too high, and it's a wonder any of your faucets will shut off anymore.
If it's utility water, talk to them. If it's a well, your regulator is shot and needs to be replaced. The 80 number makes me think it's a well - utility pressue wouldn't change from running hte water unless there was a regulator with hysterisis controlling the pressure.
Don't just bandaid it; find the cause. The other poster was right: 40-50 is a usual pressure setting. That way it doesn't blow the water rught back into your face when you try to fill a glass or a bowl wiht water. Must be a nice, fast flow though <g>.
Pop
| >> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:31:32 -0500 "dh" | >> used 3 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair | >> | >>> | >>>Anyone know where I can buy just a ADT security system yard sign and | >>>some window decals. I did a lot of searching but just came up with | >>>complete security systems. I just want the sign, thanks. | >> | >> | >> Ebay | >> | > Just for fun I looked, and your are right! Going price is $26. | | Are the really a deterrent or do they say "cut the phone line"? | |

Most ADT security systems will go off immidately if the phone line is cut and the system is armed. Granted it won't call central station unless you have the cellular add on but it will sure get the neighbors attention if you have an outside siren.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Hmmm All is under ground here, electric, phone, cable, etc. No would-be robber can cut it. Tony

The Dmark is still on the wall isn't it?
According to ADT (I'm a customer) if the phone line is cut, that triggers the alarm.
Dan Shulman

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:40:50 -0500 "Dan Shulman" used 12 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

Sorry to hear that.

You better make sure you didn't get a generic answer. The systems they deploy are Ademco brand, made for their proprietary use. All the Vista series panels do not have a TLM.
BTW..
A TLM (Telephone Line Monitor) works by monitoring DC line voltage. It is triggered when the voltage drops below > ~20V for a period of 3-6 minutes. (depending on make and model of the panel/seperate module).
What's important to note is:
IF THE LINE IS CUT, NO SIGNAL WILL BE TRANSMITTED. ONLY THE SIREN WILL SOUND.
The only thing you can do to prevent non-reporting of phone-cut attacks is to have backup reporting VIA cellular or long-range radio. The growing trend will be IP based monitoring over your high-speed Internet, but that is not considered a viable residential application (yet).
--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email

I bet that is more like 6 or 7 volts. Hang a meter on your phone line and see what it is with a couple of phones "off hook". On hook is around 48, off hook is 8-10, ringing is about 100 If a guy was really that interested he would hang a 9v battery on the Dmark before he cut he wire.
On 21 Nov 2004 03:57:17 GMT "Greg" used 8 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

Please email me Greg.
Or open your's to snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email

So how is high speed internet going to be any better when you can cut that physical wire just as easily as any telephone line?

People's internet connections are frequently always-on, so that "monitored" means what, apparently, a monitored phone line doesn't anymore. To whit: The monitoring system can ping your alarm system every minute or so, and if it doesn't get an answer, freak. I recommend not using anything created by microsoft in such a system.
--Goedjn

If the cops showed up everytime my broadband connection was out I would need to widen the driveway.
HAHAH... Yeah, me too. Broadband isn't very stable, always down.

need to

On 24 Nov 2004 18:00:37 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Greg) wrote:
Did you know every time the cop show up and it's a false alarm it's $25?

On 24 Nov 2004 18:00:37 GMT "Greg" used 8 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

As I already noted, this technology is not ready for the primary communication in residential use. It is currently deployed in high-end government facilities and private high security applications. These locations usually have T-1 or T-3 multi-homed Internet connections.
In the meantime there are cellular backups, and proprietary long range radio solutions.
http://www.alarm.com/ GE Security Division Radio Based Monitoring
http://www.alarmnet.com/ Honeywell Security (Ademco) Radio, Cellular, and Internet
http://www.dsc.com/products/alarmCommunications/default.asp DSC Cellular, Internet
http://www.napcosecurity.com/testframe.html?products-napco.html Internet
--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email

Steal one ? ;-)
I doubt ADT sells them since that is the main deterrant they sell with a four figure security system.