Adjusting the temperature for warm water on a Maytag Atlantis washing machine?

Hi,
I have a Maytag Atlantis washing machine, and, for my tastes, the warm temperature setting is too cold. I'd like to raise it about 20 degrees (f). I called maytag service, and they said it's not adjustable. I also looked at the Maytag web site, but no info there either.
I'm hard pressed to believe the setpoint can't be adjusted. Anyone have knowhow in this area?
Thanks,
Abe

You'll have to turn down the "cold" water faucet to which your machine is connected until you get the desired "warm" temp
Turning down the cold water doesn't work because the temperature is determined by the set-point in the machine, not the relative water pressure. -------------------------------

If you turn down the cold flow you will be hotter, less cold in the mix, but do it when its in the refil cycle and feel the temp. The machine has no set point. It will just fill slower.
I've looked all over the schematic at http://fixitnow.com/images/wiringdiagrams/maytag-atlantis-washerdiag.html and don't see a thermistor or any way of adjusting temperature or a means of determining or monitoring "set point". It's just typical water mixing and control. Hot, cold or both.
Bill <Abe> wrote in message

That diagram happens to be just for the Atlantis MAV6000 model, there are others which have different wiring as you can see in the wiring diagram for the Atlantis MAV9750AWW model at the following link which looks to have 2 thermostats/sensors for the water valve/control.
http://www.partselect.com/Schematics/Maytag/15003016.gif
I may come down to the *exact* model the OP has and how it was designed. They might consider purchasing a repair manual for the Atlantis model washer to see exactly how it functions and whether its functioning can be altered in any way? I don't know myself.
Maytag Atlantis Service Manual http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rc 4608
JMO
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Maytag+washer
=~~~~~~

appears to mix at 80 / 100 F but still isn't adjustable. I'm sure if it could be easily done the call center would have said so.
Bill

No but it *might* be possible to change that control with one of a different temperature rating to affect the temperature functioning on particular settings.

Sure, if it involved just turning a knob or selecting a change in an electronic control. If it involved changes to the appliance itself, a call center would not usually tell a regular consumer how to achieve it. The OP might be best to ask the local authorized factory service depot if they can do anything about it for him.
JMO
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Maytag+washer
=~~~~~~
Thanks for all the input.
From what I can tell from the schematics, the TCM is not adjustable, or at least there's no indication of an adjustment screw/dial in the schematics. If I get bored one day, I'll open up the machine and look at the body of the TCM module to see if there is an adjustment screw/dial there. ----------------------------------------------
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 16:31:07 -0400, "Dan O."

Pressure? I'm saying that if one reduces the flow of the cold, that it will raise the temperature of the resulting "warm" mix going into the washer. Its worked that way with all my previous 6 washers. Haven't tested the theory on our new Maytag Performa yet. Are you saying that the new washers are "smart" enough to know what the water temp is and to adjust the "warm" to a pre-set temperature ?
It seems to me that the Atlantis must have a temperature sensor. I can't otherwise explain why, on the warm wash setting, the washer starts filling with both the hot and cold, and then shuts off either the cold or hot several times during the fill cycle. It must be doing this as needed to adjust the temperature. ---------------------------------------------

P.S. If you look at the Maytag site, the features for the model I have says this:
CorrecTemp Control - automatic temperature control assures accurate warm water temperatures to activate detergents
http://www.maytag.com/mths/products/apl_family.jsp?family=Atlantis+Washers&domain=Washers&cs=0&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

Abe wrote in message

Hi,
There really is no adjustment inside the washer itself, if you wany a warmer warm fill.....leave the hot water tap turned all the way on and slowly close up the cold water tap untill the desired warm water fill is entering the machine, this will raise the warm water temp as it uses both hot and cold water feeds.
Some normal temps: Cold, what ever the outside temp is ( will change during warm and cold seasons ) average are 40-80F. Warm, 100F. Hot, 140F.