adhesive for leather watch band?

My wife's watch band came apart. It was real leather and it was a unique design impossible to find a replacement band so easy. It was not ripped apart or torn, just a glue together area separated and need to be glued back together. I cannot find any glue that will make them stick together, any special glue for leather?
MC

Possibly Shoe Goo, or a polyurethane, like Gorilla Glue. Both are waterproof and flexible, but need clamping during the cure, or it looks botched... If you are not DIY inclined, a good shoe repair shop could do it for a small charge, using a special contact cement. When you next replace the strap, order a waterproof leather sport band. They have waterproof adhesives, and are stitched full length for good measure. Most "dress" leather bands are cheaply made, and come apart with perspiration or occasional wetting.
miamicuse writes:

Ordinary contact cement.
Richard J Kinch wrote:

Second that, but the contact cement I swear by is called "Barge Cement".
Takes a little looking to find, but sometimes is sold in tubes at shoe repair shops.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
I had a Brooks Bros bomber jacket that got really torn on a rose bush.. they wanted me to fedex the jacket to a repair place.. instead we drove two hours (Roseland NJ, I think).. I was flabberghasted when the nice little old lady just applied rubber cement and gave it back to me, minus a few greenbacks..
                - = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist      BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Fooey on GIU,Windows 4 Bimbos] [Cigar smoke belongs in veg food group]
Barge cement is made for leather.
I have had some good luck repairing two belts that separated by using hot melt adhesive. They have been holding up quite well.