Adhesive For Holding A Ceramic Tile To Floor ?

Hello,
Have one or two ceramic tiles in the hall that have become loose.
No problem in finding a good grout for the seams where they ajoin other tiles, but would appreciate some suggestions as to a good "glue" or adhesive for the bottoms.
I guess one criteria would be that it should be quite thin, so that the tiles does not stick up above its neighbor.
Epoxy ?
Or,... ?
Thanks, Bob
Robert11 wrote:

Thinset
--

dadiOH
____________________________

If it is only a few, you might be able to get away with some silicone caulk.
Just a thought.
JK

You might be able to get away with duct tape too. However, I think thinset would be a better bet.

Yes, but with duct tape all around, he won't need grout.
On Oct 15, 7:11 pm, snipped-for-privacy@malch.com (Malcolm Hoar) wrote:

I would think thinset is a better bet too, but I happen to have a partial bag lying around most of the time. If he has two loose tiles, why should be buy a bag of thinset, a proper trowel to put it on, and possibly something to mix it up in?
JK

Bob, I would assume you are talking about floor tiles. If this is the case the ONLY way to go is thinset. Don't try to do half-ass job. Clean the grout and thinset under the tiles carefully clean old thinset underneath with chisel and put new tile on thinset. If you want you can use spacers.
LOL on duct tape.

adhesive
What has always worked for me is Phenoseal adhesive calking--Home Depot or Lowes. It has never failed to secure any two things together. MLD
I reglued a loose floor tile with silicone a couple of years ago, it has held fast.