accessories for my air compressor?

Hi,
I'm juta dumb homeowner, so please be patient & excuse any ignorane on my part.
I use my handy-dandy Craftsman 150psi air compressor for lotsa things around the house. I'm wondering if anyone makes attachment to:
1) allow it to run a light-duty liquid pump - for pumping small quantities of water or whatever.
2) turn the compressor into a reasonably-powered vacuum pump - for "dry" applcations like evacuationg a/c systems or watever.
I'm sure I've seen these accessories before, but now that I need 'em of course I can't find 'em.Anyhelp will be MUCH appreciated!
best, JohnB

Yes, I've seen them. The one in particular I saw was not very impressive and an electric ump would have been better.

No, it would no draw a very good vacuum.

They do make this, I have one. It will pull enough vacuum for HVAC. This works off the pressure side of the compressor.

1. Google venturi vacuum pump
2. Pressure is not the controlling factor. You will need the cfm to back it up. You efficiency will suck do to the multiple power conversions plus a relatively low efficiency vacuum creation.
johnnyzero writes:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber952 http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber475
These work well but not clear if your compressor provides enough CFM.
http://www.truetex.com/aircompressors.htm
You don't need a great vacuum pump for HVAC if you rinse it a few times.
You can buy a $14 venturi vacuum pump from Harbor Freight, although I would not recommend it. Real vacuum pumps can be bought for not too much. I bought my Sargent Welch Duo Seal for $39.

I believe, but am not sure, that the vacuum that the Harbor Freight units can pull, 28.3", is totally inadequate to properly evacuate an A/C system. Take a look at the Temp, " Hg., micron chart at

A good vacuum pump is in the double-triple digits of microns