AC Quiet

Need suggestions regarding the purchase of a large wall mounted 19,000+ btu AC. I am concerned about the noise. What is or are the best brand/s and model/s for quietness? Thanks

Reply to
Shel

look ar consumer reports

Reply to
m Ransley

Window shakes are not particularly quiet, Pretty hard to do with everything in one package. I would be more concerned about the SEER than the noise. You will get used to the noise in time. We had window shakers in our farm house in Iowa. One in the dinning room and one in the hall window upstairs. After awhile I did not even notice except when they were not running and it was hot and muggy.

Reply to
SQLit

Consider a split unit with part outside and part inside.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan