A Bit Of Embarrassment For Our Wonderful Governor!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trouble-jobs-economic-agency-walker-championed-32599565
On Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 4:18:45 PM UTC-5, bob_villa wrote:

I hope with 16 contenders (and growing) that there is a better choice...
On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 14:20:40 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa

Anyone smart enough to be President and run the country properly is smart enough not to go under the scrutiny involved.
On 7/22/2015 9:32 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

When I was a kid, we had elected representatives. We, the people ran the country.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

That was before the Viet-Nam war, right?
--
Pete Cresswell

On 7/22/2015 8:48 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Either that, or the war of northern agression. I'd have to check my old school books.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 07/22/2015 07:57 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You must have lived in a different country than I.
On Wednesday, July 22, 2015 at 10:14:50 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:

...one can only hope.
On Wednesday, July 22, 2015 at 9:57:25 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I think that we should have congressional term limits. Congress has gone from being a collection of representatives to a ruling aristocracy. After 20 years in congress, I don't think that they're out of touch with reality.
Per Robert Green:

I would propose that one of the qualifications be that the nominee does not want to be president. Truman, Ford.... pretty good presidents by the historians' accounts I've heard... neither wanted it. Powell did not seem to want it that badly - and I would have voted for him partially for that reason.
Same with cops. If I were hiring, a guy would lose points for "always having wanted to be a police officer".... I'd favor the guys who just want a job.
--
Pete Cresswell

Powell would have made a pretty good President, I think. He was quite astute when he warned that our excursions into Iraq carried long-term danger. He said, simply "You break it, you own it."

My sister the judge says the problem with a lot of cops is that they took the job not to be public servants, but to be able to drive really fast and carry a gun.
--
Bobby G.

of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them. To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." ? Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
but what they conceal is vital."
On Wednesday, July 22, 2015 at 8:52:41 PM UTC-4, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I used to have a mostly positive opinion about Powell too, until he endorsed and supported Obama. No one really knew what Powell's political beliefs were, many thought he was a Republican, but that sure defined them.
On Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 5:20:43 PM UTC-4, bob_villa wrote:

Besides reflecting on Walker, it also shows the problems with the kind of programs typically championed by libs. Whenever you have govt making business decisions, deciding which companies to give special loans or investment to, picking winners and losers, it almost always leads to problems, corruption, economic inefficiencies, cronyism, etc.
On Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 4:18:45 PM UTC-5, bob_villa wrote:

If you think he's your man...http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/30/politics/scott-walker-northern-border-immigration-2016/
On 8/30/2015 10:21 AM, bob_villa wrote:

Give him a few days... Scott "Flip-Flop" Walker will have a different answer NEXT time he's asked!
On Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 4:18:45 PM UTC-5, bob_villa wrote:

...minus one A-hole! ( ͡- ͜ʖ ͡-)
On Monday, September 21, 2015 at 6:08:23 PM UTC-4, bob_villa wrote:

You're leaving us? Bye, bye.