8-HR vs 6-HR VHS/VCR-tapes: how to know which is which?

Before it's opened, of course, the plastic-wrap loudly advertises, among other things its record-time:
TDK "premium quality" HS ... 8 HOURS ... TDK T-160HSBH
But once the wrap is off, and all you have is the plastic VHS-cassette itself (1/2-inch tape?), how *then* do you tell its length?
(short of putting it into the vcr and running it from one end to the other, that is!)
Myself, I can see *no* mark of any kind!
Am I just blind -- or is there actually nothing there?
Thanks,
David

there should be a mark on the spine. it should be labeled t120 for 6 hours, and t160 for 8 hours. it's very faint sometimes.
Yeah, you're right. I just checked one, it's just above the "read only" tab. Never knew that before.
To made it really visible, I always use the sticky labels they supply and I plaster the size on the spine of the tape.

hours,

THANK YOU!!!
Yep, right there.
THANKS!
David

Typically there is a square cut out somewhere for a pin to pass through on the outer shell. However for other 1/2" format tapes, such as VHS-C, I think you're right, you don't know, until you know.
David Combs wrote:

If you have one that you know is a T120, you can actually feel the difference in the thickness of the tape on a T160 with your fingers.