$3.249 Gal. For #2 Home Heating Oil

Page 1 of 4
$3.25 gal. is higher than a gal. of premium gasoline ($3.17) today.
In 4/07, #2 oil was $2.55.
In 12/06, it was $2.44.
People will be dialing back this winter, and not because Green Al Gore toed them to.

It's fun sending money to people who want to kill us.
http://www.fas.org/asmp/resources/govern/109th/HR2037ih.htm
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

My state, Delaware, is fighting New Jersey to prevent them from putting a LNG depot on the Delaware river. It would provide enough gas for 14 million homes. They are also going to crucify us by putting in offshore windmills for green electricity.
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:22:15 -0500, Frank

so you're for limiting the expansion of storage for new sources of energy, and you're against new technology that is a source of cheap non polluting energy, and you are complaining about the high cost of energy, can you see what's wrong here? __________________________________________ Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Jack wrote:

Certainly an ad for ground source heat pump, it would seem--or, the waste heat off a spent fuel pool would be another possible source if happened to be close by... :)

If that fool is toeing people, he should be toed himself, right up the arse.
People used to burn home heating oil in their Diesel cars and trucks. Now it is the same or even more than Diesel at the pump- that has 40+ cents/gal tax on it. I switched to heat pumps from propane in 2000 and haven't regretted it. How much is your propane? I haven't checked here-- imagine it is over $2.00/gal. I still have the propane for the cooktop, and the furnaces which only fire up when the HP's go into defrost. Larry
lp13-30 wrote:

Our propane (800 gallons) is contracted this year at $1.54/gal. Don't know what it currently is straight off the truck.
Don (SE Iowa)
If I were made dictator, I'd force anyone in the us (outside of Alaska) to convert the oil heat to something else, like a geothermal heat pump.
on 11/30/2007 3:03 PM snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com said the following:

If I could afford the initial cost, I would have solar panels on my roof. Funny, how all the proponents of renewable energy, and who make millions of dollars per year, don't want to cheapen their mansions with solar panels, with the exception of Julia Roberts, who has all the panels and solar heaters. Does Al Gore walk the walk?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Christopher A. Young;
.
.

I'm OK with that, as long as one thing changes: If a company slobs up the place by breaking laws surrounding drilling, the CEO of the company is taken away in handcuffs immediately, just as if he'd shot a cop and it was recorded on videotape. No white collar treatment.

You make it sound like drilling for oil is a major source of environmental damage. In fact, the record of drilling without signifiicant harm to the environment over the last several decades is pretty damn good. Just take a look at the Gulf of Mexico, which presents a far greater challenge than drilling in a tiny footprint on land in ANWR. See any oil spills in the Gulf?? What happened during Katrina? Many of the oil platforms were completely destroyed, toppled over, sunk to the ocean floor. Did you see or hear any reports of oil spills or leakage? No, because with current technology it can be done with minimal risk.
Where has there been significant oil spills? From tankers transporting oil, which is only more likely the more we import.
This big danger of drilling is just an environmental extremist myth, perpetuated by radicals who are against every form of energy and prefer to believe in fairy tails, like an electric car with no emissions fueled by electricity just coming out of the wall in unlimited amounts.

Let me try this on you: A relatively tiny number of people commit murder. Should that statistic be used to determine the penalties for murder?

Since you can't refute the claim that drilling for oil has been done repsonsibly for decades here without damage to the environment, you now want to talk about comparing it to murder? The specific comment was the ban on drilling in ANWR, Alaska which is based on the false premise that it can't be done without destroying the environment. You're proposing draconian penalties for a problem that doesn't exist. And those draconian penalties would just be another roadblock to energy development and economic progress.

I agree that problems are rare. Read that again, and don't respond to it again.
**IF** problems are clear violations of the law, then there is no reason to treat violators with kid gloves. It happens, though, because violators of environmental laws tend to have friends in high places. You are fully aware of that.

Then don't start fixing problems that don't exist. You sound like the idiot politicians here in NJ. Instead of fixxing the real problems of high taxes, huge waste and corruption they instead focus on stupid nits. The latest is a bill to require auto insurance companies to make the insurance ID cards smaller so they will fit better in a wallet.

Kid gloves? LOL, you've obviously never dealt with the EPA. Bye the way, you want the CEO taken away in handcuffs like a murderer if the company "breaks laws and slobs up the place." How about if the CEO had no involvement in the incident. Suppose someone on the site did it without the CEO's knowledge? I guess that doesn't concern a lib like you, cause it's a CEO, not a murderer. Following this logic, if someone drives an HVAC truck and runs a red light and hits another car, the owner of the company should go to jail.

For decades, the EPA has not been able to get General Electric to clean up its sins in the Hudson River. Delays after delays after delays, and it's all due to friends in high places. You know that.

The buck stops at the top. The fastest way to get answers is to haul the CEO off his golf cart, like any other common criminal. We have what - 48 hours to press charges or release a prisoner? That's more than enough time for things to work themselves out.

You have no evidence that I'm a liberal.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Only your words here, that's true... :)

Be specific, if you can. Words, concepts, etc. Which ones? Quote them clearly in your next message.