15yr old Whirlpool Dryer

Our gas dryer, Whirpool model LG7681XSN2, is not heating very well any more. There wasn't much lint in the 4" galvanized exhaust pipe when examined. Is there any web site that shows you how to take off the various covers/panels to look at the insides to clean it out and/or perhaps change the sensor or whatever? Do gas heating elements need to be changed?
Paul,
I had a similar issue with my old GE. Open up the access panel on the front of the dryer and vacuum out all of the lint. Pay special attention to the igniter and gas jet.
Scott
Paul Isaacs wrote:

Thanks Scott. That's one of the things I'm unsure about, getting off the front access panel. Seems very tight. Do I just haul on it till it gives? Paul
in message

Paul,
The door is hooked on to 2 pins that stick out about 3/4 of the way up the opening and 2 more pins stick out about 1/4 of the way up from the bottom preventing the door from swinging into the dryer. The door usually fits pretty tight. Reach up under the bottom of the dryer body and push out on the bottom of the door. It should pop open. You will then be able to push up on the bottom of the door to unhook the top of it from the pins.
Scott
Paul Isaacs wrote:

Repairclinic.com
--
John

Hi,

Some close that worked for me online....LG7681XSN3 LG7681XSW0 LG7681XSW1 LG7681XSW2 LG7681XSW3

Something that can help... http://www.applianceaid.com/wpdryer_how-to.html

Hot surface ignitor, coils on the gas valve are common trouble makers... http://www.applianceaid.com/gas_dryer.html
Thanks all for your help. Vacuuming out the lint around the works, gobs and including quite a few dollars in coins, has done the trick for now.
Paul