Weed control: questioin about MSMA or CMA

I got lots of dallisgrass in my backyard, believe they came in with lawn seeds. Checked on web, all say MSMA or CMA can help prevent it. Wonder if the two are normally contained in weed control solution sold in Walmart etc like Scotts?
Thanks.
John

MSMA could be considered old school by some, not so much by me tho.
What is your desirable turf, and where do you live?