watering lawn with sump water---save fertilizer?

My sump pumps discharge onto the lawn outside the house. I notice the grass there is very lush and green.

I have a feeling that the lush growth is due not just to the grass getting more water.

I think maybe it is due to the mineral content of the sump water.

I think maybe because the sump water has percolated through the soil, it has picked up minerals that are good for the grass, whereas rain water has no dissolved minerals.

Reply to
Matt

( -) Have been using grey water for thousands of porpoises, can't sustain if we do not re-use. Never had a plant die via grey H2o use so far x 20+ yr.

Reply to
willbair