Waiting period for a freshly, newly laid sod?

Just was wondering if I need to wait a certain period before I can mow my lawn which was freshly laid sod? The grass certainly is long enough to warrant a mowing, but it's been less than month since I laid the new sod. Thanks.

sections still?

Yeah, for the most part, I'd say I can still pull up the sections still. However, I noticed that when I'd pull up the sod, a thick layer of the topsoil would pull up along with the original sod. Thoughts? TIA!
Steve K. Lee wrote:

Hi Steve! This time of year it only takes a couple weeks for the sod to get established enough to mow. Just mow it at your regular height. Sue