Voles!

I think I have voles. Something is eating the "bark" off of my Juniper ground cover and it's killing it. I've seen what look like black mice running around. How do I get rid of these things?

Reply to
<nowhere

cat?

Reply to
joe

When there were stray cats in the neighborhood I didn't have this problem. I don't know what happened to the cats but I wish they'd come back.

Reply to
<nowhere

My little farm had both vole and gopher problems when I arrived. I hav

a bunch of cats now, and the problem no longer exists.

Some will survive, and they are art of the ecology, aerating your soil but they won't be running around williw-nillie eating your garden an favorite bushes.

The feline is the only solution that I have ever heard work, and no all cats are good at it

-- jgvernonc

----------------------------------------------------------------------- jgvernonco's Profile:

this thread:

jgvernonco

Tell your gynocolegist.

Reply to
G Henslee

You are offensive. Please stop posting this childish nonsense.

Reply to
Stubby

Got a place there where you can adopt stray cats? Do it. Get one with an attitude.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I've seen advertisements for little "windmills" that cause noise/vibrations in the soil that are supposed to cause the voles to go elsewhere. It doesn't sound like something viable to me, but I'm getting desperate. Anyone know if this has a chance of helping or is it just scam-city? They are sold by Harbor Freight.

Reply to
<nowhere

I had a small problem with them and moles a few years back. I sprayed the yard with weed and feed. Evidently the stuff made it to the root zone or contaminated the soil to the point where they couldn't take it or didn't like it a whole lot. I saw several moles running around the yard at dusk squealing. I didn't know they made noise til then. My daughter caught one and took it to school. She had to feed it crickets every several minutes. I heard somewher to roll up Juicy Fruit chewing gum and place it in their runs or holes. It was supposed to gum up the works I guess. I think all it did was freshen their breath.

Reply to
Tightwad