verticut bermuda question

I have a patch of bermuda grass that is flat as Twiggy and about 65' X 100'. We use it for a croquet court. I am going to verticut it for the first time. I know there are some golf course guys that check in here now and then. How deep should I cut into the bermuda? Can I go too deep? I have never done this before. The green really needs it. It has about 5 or so different types of bermuda: sahara, yuma, tiff way, tiff green, tiff eagle and 1 or two others from over seeding that I can't remeber the names of right now. TIA
What problem are you trying to fix?