Tapped Maples

We tapped a few maple trees today and stuck a half-dozen spiles in. This is a week later than normal for us - but nothing was running today - not a drop - nada.

http://NewsReader.Com /

butter and maple syrup. yum

I was wondering if they were really Oaks like in that commercial...... Tomes

I made a mistake like that the first year we tapped trees <chuckle> - when the leaves are off it's hard to tell - but these are trees that produced good sap last year .