push type, rotary lawn mower with 2 cycly engine

I have recently learned that my long terraces (banks) which are around 40 feet long and take usually 4 to 5 passes are probably ruining my lawn mowers. Use of a 2 cycle engine machine has been recommended. Is there any such mower available anymore? I would appreciate any comments and suggestions. Thank you. Dennis

http://www.lawnboy.com/ Quality equipment. Click on "Easy Choice Mower Selector".

I don't see as how a 2 cycle engine is going to help much. 2 cycle engines are simpler and have less moving parts, but I don't know if they really last longer. If you are wearing out lawn mower engines, look for ones with steel or chrome cylinder liners. That seems to make the biggest difference on wearability.

and dirt bikes etc. Four cycle an even more so diesel, are better for low end torque applications like lawn or dirt equipment.

assclown
message

A two stroke cycle will work at severe angled terrain better than a four stroke with a crankcase.

has it's lubrication in the fuel- if it's running it's oiled. Lawn Boy did make some great 2 cycle mowers. Maybe they still do.