North Facing Lawn

Hi,
I have a lawn that is North facing and gets no sun during the winte months. Its very damp and and I even get the odd mushroom growing. Th grass gets very patchy and thin during these months and I usualy hav to re-seed parts of it during April / May to ensure a good lawn for th new season.
Is there anything I can do to help stop this happening
-- Astraman999
Silly-nilly. Cut the lawn into sod units. Turn them all 180 degrees. Now all faces south.
--
Dave
Profound is we're here due to a chance arrangement
Dave
Profound is we're here due to a chance arrangement

Steveo;757923 Wrote:

The lawn is the back one
-- Astraman999
Astraman999 wrote:

mirrors to bend the sun around the house so that it will hit the grass. Good luck!
There was me thinking this was a gardening help forum not a place fo
childish jokes.
I'm off to join another forum that can offer sensible advice
-- Astraman999
On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 15:56:49 +0000, Astraman999

Google: sense of humor.
Google: sense of humor.
Please - if you dont have anything sensible to say then shut up and g away
-- Astraman999

let me put in my 2 cents
figure out away to get your yard to drain properly. you could try building up the areas that pool.

What the hell is wrong with you, Astraman?

Other than the joke, I think he did get some good advice. That was to make sure he's using a grass mix suitable for dense shade and to consider if other plantings would work better, at least for part of the area. Another tip is to make sure you promptly remove leaves in Fall, assuming you have any.
The quality of the answers you get also depends on the info you give. I saw the post and didn't reply because there was no info as to location, climate, type of soil, etc.

Steveo said:

Wow. I just went there, and had a look at their interface. That's worse than G2. I didn't think that was possible. It not only censors content, but strips MID's that are referenced.
No wonder all I see from there is shit posts.
*updates global killfile*
--

Eggs

If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

--
http://NewsReader.Com /

english ivy etc, instead of grass.