New Lawn Mower Opinion?

I am looking to buy a new lawn mower and would appreciate opinions on SEARS Craftsman vs Toro. For the SEARS I am looking at the Craftsman Model 37073 that is a bagging, mulcher and side discharge mower witb the "Z Start" (30% easier start). For the Toro, I am looking at the Super Recycler Model 20056 that, like the Craftsman, is a mulcher, bagger and side discharge mower. These Super Recyclers have the 5 year warranty and the Sears Craftsman has 2 years. The Toro Super Recyclers are at $500 and the Sears at approximately $379. The Toro Super Recyclers seem to be available only thru Toro dealers.
Lastly, since I am getting older I was wondering about the electric start option for either of the above mowers. I assume that electric key start means there is a battery and I wonder how long they last and how much to replace. I also think that since it is elelctric start, the pull start on the mower (in case the battery is dead) is much harder to start than if I just go with the Z Start or Toro Easy Pull that is guaranteed to start on one or two easy pulls.
I appreciate any opinions regarding these two mowers. Thnaks in advance!
Lou
Consider that Sears only guarantees the availability of repair parts for one year now.
Lou Leciejewski wrote:

I had a tiller with EZ Pull last year. On the fourth use I pulled the cord and it got stuck. Brought in in for repair and after a week they said the part needed to repair it was on backorder but had no idea when they could get it. After a couple of weeks I gave up and returned it. Maybe things have improved this year, who knows, but I am hesitant of the EZ pull thing now.

This isn't a lawn mower, but I had very similar problems with buying a vacuum cleaner from Sears. If anything goes bad, they have to try to *fix* it first, they will not do an even swap, if they can avoid it at all costs!
Friend of mine recommended Best Buy, (yeah, I'm not sure if they sell lawn mowers), but with *everything else* they will give you a straight up swap for new, IF you buy the extended warranty. This has worked great for many dog owners.
I just added this to say I'd not buy *anything* from Sears any more, only from places that will do a new swap if anything goes wrong. I had to wait two weeks for the part the first time my vac went. By the time I got it back, I'd had fifteen more dogs worth of fur! <G>
MaryBeth <who vouches for Toro, as a very happy customer>
I own a super recycler, and have used it heavily for a year. It is really well made, extreemly manuverable and it has started on the first pull each time. With the 5 year top to bottom warranty it is a very good choice. If mine were stolen or whatever I would just go get one just like it without looking at anything else. Happy mowing.

Honda
Mel & Donnie down in Bluebird Valley In the middle of beautiful down town Yountsville. Managers of the water works. http://community.webtv.net/MelDKelly/doc
http://community.webtv.net/MelDKelly/MelDonniesBluebird
Honda also. Mine is 2 years old now & still starts on the first pull.
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 01:35:59 -0000, Lou Leciejewski

Consumer Reports magazine is a good place to start
i have a Yard Machines by MTD, which i'm happy with [i have a small lawn though]
waterboy
snipped-for-privacy@financier.com wrote:

Consumer Reports is a terrible place to start. They could not care less about quality, their primary concern is safety which is not always the most important thing.
--
Art

good point, for lawnmowers quality is sometimes a preference
they have repair ratings for other things, like refrigerators, autos, etc; i don't remember for lawnmowers
waterboy