Need help identifying this wood species

I'm trying to identify the species of wood that this stump came from. The pictures I took are at http://homepage-link.to/handyhenry/blacksmithing/index.html
As for the first stump, I'm clueless. But I do know that it's very heavy, as I had one heck of a time trying to pick it up and load it into my SUV - multiple tries.
As for the last picture, I'm pretty sure it is of an Oak stump, but not 100% sure.
Thanks
Last picture, foreground, appears to be live oak. Juniper ashe to the left. The right, appears to be stripped of bark, hard to ID that way.
--
Jonny