Mosquito Control with Garlic

Has anyone tried this?

I have a friend who swears by it and all the testimonials on-line seem positive. The thing I like about it is that it's all natural and supposedly safe for the enviornment.

Jeff

Early last summer I spent about $25 on some stuff that may have been the same as this but I'm not sure. It came from a garden store, not on-line. I sprayed it about 4 hours before my daughter's birthday party and I don't think it made any difference. The mosquitoes came to party too. With no invitation. I just figured it was mostly hype.

Reply to
Art

I treat yards professionally for mosquitoes and had several of last year customers that were having the yard treated earlier this year with the garlic sprays...two were doing it themselves the third was using EcoSafe pest control and they all called me back due to lack of results with the garlic spray.

Lar

Reply to
Lar

but, but it's environmentally friendly.

Reply to
newb

True. So is a fly swatter.

Reply to
Steveo

That's such a loaded question... Is just where you live environmentally friendly...chances are just living where your home was built has vastly disturbed the natural eco system, the house itself is just one large assortment of man made chemicals..the land was probably totally changed and the grade was altered where the home was built, the natural reptiles and mammals of the natural "environment" are no longer found where you now live in the original numbers. Most people have landscapes that have nothing to do with their natural environments which definitely not make it "friendly" to the local environment. Now if you are asking if the terrible insecticide is bio degradable?..yes...does it kill other insects than mosquito? yes...does it kill vegetation? no...does it kill lizards/frogs?, no...does it kill the birds?, no.

Lar

Reply to
Lar

because deer and other animals leave it alone. We don't have a mosquito problem. If only it took care of the cicada killing wasps. Grow garlic!

Wayne

Reply to
stratz

Humans are "natural" and humans naturally shape their immediate environment to suit themselves much as many other animals do. Therefor everything that died to make room for MY house died for a worthy and natural cause.

Reply to
Art

Heh...I like that answer....

Lar