Lawn mower or zero turn ride on

Hi
First time user and sure this has been asked a lot! Apologies
I am buying a new house with approx 0.65 acre of lawned area - what do i buy - a zero turn mower or a normal 55cm deck lawn mower?
How long will it take to push mow as opposed to 'ride on' - i havent got a clue so apologies if ridiculous question!!
thanks
--
nckw

I had a lot that was about .5 acre. Seems that it took me about 1 to 1.5 hours to mow it with a push mower of about 22 inches which is about 55cm. Most riding mowers are almost 1.5 to 2 times that size and you can ride the mower faster than you can walk most of the time. Plus you will not be as worn out when finished. YOu may not want to spend as much for a zero turn, but you sure want a riding mower.
nckw wrote the following:

I have a 1 acre plot. With all the footprints; house, driveway, walkway, 2 12'x16' sheds, and a 18' x 36' inground pool with sidewalks all around, I probably have 3/4 of an acre of grass to mow. I wouldn't want to mow it with a push or self propelled mower now. I did mow it with a push mower before I bought a tractor back in 1985. I am on my second 46" garden tractor to do the job and it takes about an hour or so, depending upon how many times I stop to have a beer.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
nckw wrote:

It's all what you fancy. A nice zero turn is an invitation to go mowing not quite the chore of the conventional numerous re branded Murray junk. I like the zero turn. It maneuvers tight and is quick, making short work of the lawn. Mine an 04 Snapper does not stop the blades when you reverse. I understand some of them do. the things aren't cheap. Mine was 5,000.00 then. A commercial Deere, or a few others, that will last many many years can cost well upwards of that especially the little diesels.
nckw;896787 Wrote: > Hi

> buy - a zero turn mower or a normal 55cm deck lawn mower?

> a clue so apologies if ridiculous question!!

Awesome - thansk help all of you - it did look a little daunting to say the least thinking of pushing a mower up and down with 55cm deck!!!!
Will go for toro zero turn i think - reasonably priced and decent heritage!
Thanks
--
nckw

I have about the same amount of mowing area and I recently bought the Toro ZTR - the 50" deck, because of a better seat and armrests - am very happy with it and it's much better than the JD tractor it replaced. The ZTR is not good, however, at pulling a garden cart if you want to move things around, take bags of fertilizer, mulch, clippings, etc., so that's the job the old JD has been relegated to. The Toro was $3000 less 10% from a local dealer.