Just curious about HVAC

A rather dumb question, I admit, but I am curious as to what "HVAC" letters actually stand for.
I can guess / assume the "H" is for heating, heat, heater, etc; the "AC" is for Air Conditioning.
Just can't figure out what the "V" means, and I am curious.
Thanks, Bob-tx
on 8/24/2007 6:41 AM Bob said the following:

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Heating, ventilation, and Air Conditioning. BTU British Thermal Unit KW/H Kilowatts per hour CFM Cubic feet per minute SEER Seasonal energy efficiency rating Dave