Just curious about HVAC

A rather dumb question, I admit, but I am curious as to what "HVAC" letters actually stand for.

I can guess / assume the "H" is for heating, heat, heater, etc; the "AC" is for Air Conditioning.

Just can't figure out what the "V" means, and I am curious.

Thanks, Bob-tx

Reply to
Bob

on 8/24/2007 6:41 AM Bob said the following:

Vent

Reply to
willshak

ventilation

Reply to
Abe

HVAC Heating, ventilation, and Air Conditioning. BTU British Thermal Unit KW/H Kilowatts per hour CFM Cubic feet per minute SEER Seasonal energy efficiency rating Dave

Reply to
Dave