How large is your lawn?

Let's have fun. How many square feet of lawn do you care for? I originally underestimated my lawn's size because I thought my shoe was exactly 12 inches long, but it's actually 12.75 inches long. I measured my lawn's size by counting paces while walking.

I buy shoes that are sized 11.5 (or sometimes 11), so either my shoe has lengthened with time and wear, or 11.5 is the internal dimension of the shoe, and that's how they sell shoes: by their internal dimension? I'll have to measure new shoes someday [Lol]

Anyway, my backyard lawn is almost exactly 1,300 square feet (or

1,305 by my best count). It's 83 feet by 18 feet, minus the patio. The yard itself is larger, but I've removed the square footage of the veggie garden, the patio, and the rock "mote" extending from the foundation of the house. Again I used shoe paces to measure, but I think it's fairly accurate. I guess a tape measure would be best. Oh well, when it's warmer...

I think the front lawn is about 1,950 square feet, and the two side lawns total about 650 square feet. So total lawn square footage is 3,900--we'll say 4,000 for easier remembering.

I don't mean to brag or anything. I'm sure some of you have an acre or more of lawn. I'm really posting this info for my future reference, in case I forget the footage, which is likely to happen soon.

Reply to
ZoysiaSod

==========

I forgot to add: Since I also take care of my two neighbors' halves of the side yard, that would make the total side yard square footage

1,300. So another 650 added to 3,900 is 4,550 square feet. I'll need to remember this info when I buy some Corn Gluten Meal for March 15's spreading.

And, of course, I tend to the first 2 or 3 feet of both my neighbors' backyards that border my own backyard, because if I didn't their weeds would try to invade my zoysia. They don't pay as much attention to their grass as I do, but they're grateful that I weed a bit for them.

So I guess that means even more Corn Gluten Meal to buy in March.

Anyone else take care of parts of their neighbors' yards to protect their own yards? Tell us about your experiences.

Reply to
ZoysiaSod

Hi I care for a lawn around 150 acres :) It's a golf course...

My home lawn is around half an acre in total.

Reply to
Gary Fischer