Grass Food

I saw a program the other day that spoke about using a can of beer and some other household ingredients, mixing them and using the sprayer container with the hose to feed the lawn. Does anyone have any recipes that may work and if so, can they list the ingredients and how much per square feet? I'm in NJ.

Thanks, Mike

***
Reply to
Mike

Sounds like you were watching Jerry Baker. That guy sure does cook up some crazy concoctions.

I've had reasonable success getting a quick green-up using whatever brand liquid spray fertilizers the local hardware or box store happens to have on sale. IME the greening effect doesn't last long.

In some cases spraying an Iron/trace mix will have a dramatic effect as well, results vary dramatically depending on your soil type & it's deficiencies, if any.

Reply to
newsreader

My lawn prefers Johhny Walker Black.

Reply to
trader4

Expensive taste buds.

Reply to
newsreader

Look up the Jerry Baker web site...he has some of his recipes there. I have used them for a few years with great success. Especially the ammonia based recipes

Reply to
john

You may be better drinking the beer and urinating on your lawn, thereby adding natural urea to it. Depending on the size of your lawn you may have to drink a shit load of beer. Good luck.

rob

Reply to
George.com

No. The uric salts in urine attack the roots. Discolors the grass, and inhibits growth.

Reply to
Jonny

That's not been my experience. Done correctly it greens up the lawn quite nicely.

Reply to
Chas Hurst

My dog's urine has been leaving large brown spots on the grass in my yard. Think I need to up their beer intake?

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

I have no idea. It's worth a try.

"Zeppo @hotmail.com>" My dog's urine has been leaving large brown spots on the grass in my yard.

Reply to
Chas Hurst

Especially if you let the bitch piss on the grass.

Reply to
Steveo

Don't let the bitch do it.

Reply to
Steveo

No. Duct tape a pair of nutz on it. :)

Reply to
Steveo

That would make a good sig file for this group.

Reply to
Steveo

so obviously we all need to set up a trial patch on our lawn, piss on it every day and see what effect it has.

rob

Reply to
George.com