Grass Food

I saw a program the other day that spoke about using a can of beer and some other household ingredients, mixing them and using the sprayer container with the hose to feed the lawn. Does anyone have any recipes that may work and if so, can they list the ingredients and how much per square feet? I'm in NJ.
Thanks, Mike
Mike wrote:

Sounds like you were watching Jerry Baker. That guy sure does cook up some crazy concoctions.
I've had reasonable success getting a quick green-up using whatever brand liquid spray fertilizers the local hardware or box store happens to have on sale. IME the greening effect doesn't last long.
In some cases spraying an Iron/trace mix will have a dramatic effect as well, results vary dramatically depending on your soil type & it's deficiencies, if any.
newsreader wrote:

My lawn prefers Johhny Walker Black.

Expensive taste buds.
Look up the Jerry Baker web site...he has some of his recipes there. I have used them for a few years with great success. Especially the ammonia based recipes
jw

some
work
I'm
You may be better drinking the beer and urinating on your lawn, thereby adding natural urea to it. Depending on the size of your lawn you may have to drink a shit load of beer. Good luck.
rob

No. The uric salts in urine attack the roots. Discolors the grass, and inhibits growth.
--
Jonny

That's not been my experience. Done correctly it greens up the lawn quite nicely.
My dog's urine has been leaving large brown spots on the grass in my yard. Think I need to up their beer intake?
Jon

I have no idea. It's worth a try.
"Zeppo @hotmail.com>" <zeppo<nospam> wrote in message

That would make a good sig file for this group.

may
quite
so obviously we all need to set up a trial patch on our lawn, piss on it every day and see what effect it has.
rob

No. Duct tape a pair of nutz on it. :)

Don't let the bitch do it.

Especially if you let the bitch piss on the grass.