Geting Rid of weeds from Lawn

How makes the best product these days for getting rid of weeds from your lawn?

Reply to
Romy Beeck

Romy Beeck

Which weeds are you trying to control?

Reply to
Steveo

I don't know how you measure "best". What will happen if you don't get the best?

The Bonide line has worked well for me. I spot-apply crabgrass killer and sometimes use broadleaf weed killer. GF is a real demon with the poison ivy killer spray, but I think she just uses whatever is cheap at the time.

Ortho is a reliable name and dealers that sell Ortho tend to have one of their plant encyclopedias in the store.

Reply to
Stubby

Oh you know. Those weeds.

Reply to
G Henslee

Yeah, gutless anonymous little bastards....but I can imagine you can relate....

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

Such bitterness. Go fetch Fido

Reply to
G Henslee

come on, just come out for us....

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

good boy... here's a bone forya.

Reply to
G Henslee

Okay,

Call your local Scott's Lawn Care service and ask for the "Usual". You end up with no weeds or grass!

Reply to
Mark Mitchell

Well that's probably cheaper than Roundup!

Reply to
G Henslee

You can buy real Scott's product and do it yourself too. I knew Scott's was doomed as soon as I seen them selling their name to anyone with a franchise fee. Trugreen has been trying to buy me out since back when they were called Chemlawn. The intro letters are always the same, and somewhat comical.

The jist of it is: are you ready to retire? But that's how those franchise guys operate..I'll sell to my employees long before I would subject my customers to their techs.If you're insurable, you are the route guy. We will teach you about turfgrass soon. They give this industry a bad name.

Reply to
Steveo

You're just a wealth of useless knowledge.

Reply to
Steveo