electric (battey powered) lawnmowers

Does anyone have experience with a rechargeable lawnmower that holds a charge for an hour or more? I had a B & D that was good for maybe 40 minutes and could only do 1/2 my lawn. Loved it. Quiet and conscious. Recommendations? TIA

Reply to
Merle O'Broham

I liked my B&D except for the fact that it just didn't go long enough (and the amount of time it ran kept shrinking).

Bought a Neuton. Narrower cut than the B&D but the battery charging is entirely separate from the mower--just pull one battery out and plug in another--and I have a spare battery, just in case. Though I haven't yet run it down completely, even though I now mow the whole lawn and also usually do trimming with the add-on trimming attachment.

really hate the noise, stink, and vibration of gas mowers.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Well, that looks like a great machine. As a coincidence, our employer (city of Chicago) just announced a program where they give a $100. voucher for an old gas mower towards the purchase of a new electric one.

Noise, stink and vibration? the smoke too- especially from a leaky old

2-stoke string trimmer -yech
Reply to
Merle O'Broham