dandilions

i recently reseeded a few parts of my lawn .. about 50% total .. i now have lions that came back on parts of the newly seeded and older parts .. my question is what can be safely used to get rid of the dandilions without killing the new grass that has just started to come up

mowed the new seedlings at least four times before using either.

Please stay away from the weed & feed stuff. One usually does not want to fetilize as soon as the weeds need killing, so you end up fertilizing early, or being too late with the weed killer. Also, stuff can have a residule affect on plants that you didn't intend to kill or harm. Can wash into tree roots and can even kill some trees, for example.
Best way to get rid of dandilions is to buy a tool called, "Weed Popper" which is available at Home Depot & some Walmarts. Tool is easy to use, and gets the roots out as well. The first one I bought was called, "Weed Hog", and it didn't work well at all. I took it back to Walmart and went to HD and got the "Weed Popper". Works absolutely great.
Bob

Weed-b-gone seems to leave my grass untouched, but 'slowly' kills the weed.
hth,
tom
***************** Check Us Out ***************** http://www.CarFleaMarket.com Bringing back low-cost online car ads to the web!

I don't mean to sound funny, but pulling by hand works for me with new grass shoots. It doesn't damage surrounding grass and is natural. I have ~12,000 sq. ft. of grass and hand pull every spring. Yes, it takes several hours over a couple days, but to me no chemicals is rewarding (I have little kiddies) and environmentally sound. I *do* occasionally hit the lawn with WeedBGone and RoundUp and am not a big tree hugger, but if you don't have too much new lawn, why not hand pull?
Guglielmo Portas Wrote:

There is a brand new tool out that is used with a cordless drill. It is called the "dandelion terminator" It is made in the US and sells for $25.00. The web site is www.dlt100.com I am the inventor and I use it all the time.
--
ED REED