Craftsman Rotary Lawn Mower NEVER STARTS!

This barely used mower has been repaired twice by Sears. It still does not start. New fluids, air filter, spark plug.
Any suggestions on how to get it to work? I cannot imagine going back to Sears again. My problem is that after paying for repairs, I stupidly do not try it out within 30 days so the repairs may or may not have ever been good enough, but I cannot imagine paying Sears a third time.
(Meanwhile I ordered a hand mower via Amazon, not only to be "green" but because I am sick of this machine that DOES NOT WORK.)
blurted out in alt.home.lawn.garden:

I'd cut my losses. I've heard many a horror story about craftsman mowers.
I love and have never had problems with my lawnboys. Highly recommend them.
p-nut wrote:

every spring. Pump the primer 10 times and it kicks right over. Make sure you have fresh gas and its tuned up and you should be ok. Use starter fluid if you have to; it'll kick over
NEVER EVER EVER USE STARTING FLUID IN AN AIR COOLED ALUMINUM ENGINE!
Unless of course you like burning up or blowing up engines and buying new.
Peter Pan wrote:

on 6/10/2008 9:35 PM Husky said the following:

Cite please. I've been using starter fluid for years in 4 cycle and 2 cycle engines. I only burned up once, but I got better.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
p-nut wrote: