Cigar ashes in garden

I know fireplace ashes are good to use in the garden, but
how about cigar ashes?

in the compost pile along with the cigar butts after they have been through the mower.
rob

Sounds feasible. Just was told when using my BBQ Charcoal ashes, that ashes have a pH unsuitable for directy applying to the lawn. So, composting, and adding a balance was needed.
Check with your local garden center, they help with establishing if you soil needs the pH boost ashes can do, or if you need to compensate for it.
BTW, I wonder, if tobacco is a good bug repellent, does cigar ashes repell bad bugs? :\
later,
tom @ www.FactTidBits.com

Ashes were stated, not cigar butts. No, ashes don't have the insect repellancy of tobacco unburned. Something else entirely. If butts are the issue, drop em in the bbq after done cooking.
My Sahara Bermuda grass has no problems with cold bbq ashes. Seems to thrive on it. Just keep it watered down after each ash dump.
--
Jonny