burn mark on marble

Anyone know how to remove a burn mark off a marble countertop? I placed a match on it after lighting a candle, thinking it would be a safe surface, but it left a mark :-((
On 8/27/2005 8:57 AM US(ET), Carolyn took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

From this page: http://www.cleanreport.com/forum_view_1.cfm?sub=1
Q: I have a cultured marble bathtub. However, I was burning a candle in a glass jar and let it burn all the way down. Now I have an awful burn on the marble. Is there any way of removing the yellow burn mark? A: Burns can be sanded out with fine, then ultra-fine sandpaper, followed by a polishing compound (such as Turtle Wax, appliance wax, silicone sealers.) Make sure the surface stays wet while you work.
--
Bill

willshak wrote:

Cultured marble is a synthetic (man made) product that in no way should be mistaken for real marble. Do not apply fixes for cultured marble to real marble! Contact your local countertop shop that specializes in Granite and Marble c-tops and ask their opinion about how to deal with burn marks.
Dan
Dan wrote:

Wake up. He said it WAS cultured marble.
G Henslee wrote:

Where is it stated that it is cultured marble?? I included the original message, so plaese point it out, if you can.
Dan
Dan wrote:

Oops. *My* mistake. I'll wake up now.

No. here's the original question: