black lawn

a well known lawn company as applied 2 treatments of autumn and winter chemical on my lawn in the space of four days .they should have only applied 1. now my grass is slowly turning black in patches. will my lawn recover from this.the company have said it will just go black on the tips.
--
laddie007

I guess that depends on what chemicals they applied and how much. Amazing how folks want answers without any info as to the type of grass, whether it's the UK or Florida, etc. Why did they put two treatments in 4 days? If my lawn was looking OK and had no specific problems, I'd be looking for a new company. One reason why I do this stuff myself.