Black Eyed Susans...deadhead?

Am I supposed to deadhead black eyed susans from last year?
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com said:

I've always cut them back after they've finished either blooming (if you don't want them to re-sow), or after they've dropped seeds (if you do).
--
Eggs

Do Lipton employees take coffee breaks?

Thanks...they put in so many different plants last year, I've been confused about what's supposed to "come back to life," and what's supposed to start new growth from the ground.