Black Eyed Susans...deadhead?

Am I supposed to deadhead black eyed susans from last year?

Reply to
Anonymous

I've always cut them back after they've finished either blooming (if you don't want them to re-sow), or after they've dropped seeds (if you do).

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Thanks...they put in so many different plants last year, I've been confused about what's supposed to "come back to life," and what's supposed to start new growth from the ground.

Reply to
Anonymous