Best reel mower to buy?

I think I can mow my small lawn with an old fashion reel mower
Any advice on best NEW reel mowers to buy?
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

Are you interested in a powered reel mower, or a manual mower? I have had good success with the standard 18" manual unit I purchaed at Home Depot.
Never refuses to start, no need to go out and get fuel, no bagger, you can cut any time of day without bothering the neighbors, etc. A perfect solution if you can cut your grass more often than you'd need to with a powered mower. That is the big disadvantage to a manual reel mower - if the grass gets tall, you're outta luck.
KB

Manual reel mower only
What brand/model you have?

I found one of the 18" models of these at a yard sale and would buy it new...
<http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=2&p190&cat=2,2160>
but depending on where you are, you should call them and ask about shipping cost. It may be prohibitive.

Wow
Wish I could find such a thing at a yard sale!
I've been wondering about good reel mowers too. I've been using a 5-blade Craftsman for many years. It's OK but has shortcomings.
I was just about to buy an electric rotary, but with their drawbacks, I'm considering a better reel mower.

whatever the blade has contact with. Apparently this lack of contact makes Brill mowers easier to push, and need little sharpening. Quieter too, not that noise is an issue either way. http://peoplepoweredmachines.com/brill_luxus.htm
I also see Mclane mowers that have the reel as wide as the wheel width, which should eliminate the annoying "can't mow near the edges" feature of reel mowers. But a review I read talked of needing to sharpen it. See the bottom mower on this page. They only seem to have photos of the powered ones. http://www.mclanemower.com/reelmowers.asp
Will a good reel mower cut the type of grass that doesn't grow vertically? Mine doesn't do it very well.
Will it cut stalks that shoot up from the lawn? Mine won't.
Anybody here have sucess with difficult grass with a reel mower?