alternator overcharging on Craftsman Riding mower w/electric clutch

With electric clutch engaged I,m showing full needle deflection on the ammeter guage.I have checked the Diodes and they are okay. My Briggs manual describes the charging circuit as a Tri Circuit and shows a 1 ohm 20 watt resistor in the circuit. I can,t find such a resistor anywhere. Since the manual is older than the tractor is it possible they have done away with the resistor and handled the over current some other way? Any help will be appreciated. Glenn

Reply to
cagmoo

The alternator leads have platinum make up therefore are the resistor. This alternator setup if defective must be replaced and this involves pulling the flywheel for under the flywheel is the armature and the flywheel is the magnet. Take all the infor4 off the tractor such as model number size deck and then off of the engine take model number type number and code number. and then go to your local small engine shop and order a new alternator armature assembly.

Reply to
Auto Tech