Whining noise on brand new furnace blower

Woke up yesterday and the furnace was making an awful scraping/grinding noise. Pull the cover off and can tell right away it's coming from this fan: (Amazon.com product link shortened)
I order it online (as nobody in town has any in stock.)
It shows up this morning, and I replace it. It took 4 screws and 3 wires, total of about 20-30 minutes.
Turn the furnace back on and the motor is making a high pitch noise. At least it appears to be the motor. Seems to be loudest right by the motor.
Is it possible that it's just a defective product? Or is there something I didn't do when installing it?
Thanks
-------------------------------------
On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 16:31:12 +0000, taylonr_at_gmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (taylonr) wrote:

    Well, you obviously forgot to tell it to stop whining ....
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
taylonr wrote:

Looks like you're getting only the "usual" from this venue. I'll risk trying to say something actually helpful.
When the motor starts/stops, does the noise change frequency with the motor speed? That suggests bearings or other rotating stuff.
Can you change the noise by restricting the airflow? That suggests something in the air path.
I have a shopvac attachment that whistles LOUDLY. Any change to the shape of the input nozzle fixes the noise.
Looks like a plastic clamshell held together with clamps. Slight warp in the plastic might cause an air leak that leads to a whistle... Can't see how it's mounted, but if it gets twisted in the process, that might lead to air leaks.

    No, it doesn't.

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

You mean like having it installed by a *competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained HVAC technician?? You do realize that you have already voided the warranty on the furnace, don't you? Its gonna turn out that you didn't get such a good deal after all, ya think?? BTW... did you pull a permit and have the local inspector sign off on it??. no?? Too bad. If you burn the house down, your insurance won't pay off the claim either.
"The bitter taste of a poor quality installation will linger far longer than the initial sweetness of a low price."
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/hvac/Whining-noise-on-brand-new-furnace-blower-43036-.htm taylonr wrote: Here's a video link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri4dmhwj-pw

The video is sideways. It's mounted right in the front. The pipe goes straight up to the exhaust pipe and the squirrel cage is on the right. The motor is in the middle.
The high pitched whine or hum can be heard upstairs (it's a split entry). My wife described it at first as a airplane cabin.
Thanks
taylonr wrote:

On 11/27/2010 8:31 AM, taylonr wrote:

I think you should change it a few more times.