What if R22 is inadvertently added to a Puron A/C unit (??)

If about 1 lb. of R22 were mistakenly added to a Carrier Puron A/C unit of 2 tons in capacity...would there be any detremental effect to the system ? Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (HVAC fella) wrote:

I suppose you left it in there eh Dave? Your Spooter II in the shop for repairs?
--
http://michellemalkin.com /

Just make sure you add a few ounces of mineral oil. Everything will be working fine after that.

I guess then you'll have two systems in one an R410a one and an R22 which would nearly double the duty. However with just 1 pound of R22 it's possibly undercharged?
Cheers
Richard
On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 20:52:24 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (HVAC fella) wrote:

Think real hard. Its really not that tough. Remember when you were a kid and your mom/dad told you respect others and their belongings? Then lets look at it this way: Supppose you just shelled out $2000, $3000 or $4000 or more for that Carrier R410a (it AINT fuckin PURON) unit for your home. One day early on, you have minor trouble and a goof ball or drunk or stupid or inexperienced greenhorn shows up to "fix" it. He dumps in a pound or 2 or R-22 to your R410a system. What are YOU going to do? Yeah, I thought so. Now go do the right thing and dump the charge, install a new drier (Rated for R410a), pressure test it for leaks, evacuate it to 500 microns or whatever Carrier wants and recharge it with NEW R410a. Tell the customer you made a mistake, send them flowers, candy, gift certificate etc and tell them to have a great day. Bubba
Bubba wrote:

customers. - udarrell

No rolling them in flour and looking for the wet mark?
--
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu /

The obvious question is why would anyone think a 410A system is a 22 that is low on charge unless is was nearly empty-- in which case the original problem must be fixed first-- then drier replaced, evacuated and properly charged with 410A. I could understand if the situation was the other way around. Used to happen often-- dumping 22 into a 12 or 500 system. Larry

I see you don't know Dave very well.
Just think of him as Stormy's father. :-)