Suburban DLII Temperature Problem

My mother in Law lives in an assisted living facility and her heat (and A/C) is provided by two DLII wall units. We have had nothing but trouble regulating the heat. I know these unit come either with a dial thermostat built-in or with a wall thermostat. My MIL has the built in thermostat. It is very difficult to set for a comfortable setting. You turn it either from blue to red for colder or hotter. Does anyone here know what is involved with changing it over to a wall thermostat (or even if it is possible). Also, I have not been able to find a manual for this online. Any links to one would be appreicated. Finally, if I hire a professional to do the wall thermostat install, is there any specific quals I should keep my eye out for? Thanks in advance.
On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 13:35:19 -0800 (PST), John-in-Tonawanda

Anything is possible. The easiest way is to go to the manager of the assisted living facility. Tell them your temperature problem and see if they will resolve it. If not, write to someone higher up for help.

You'll need a model and serial number and if you have that you can look for it yourself.

My guess would be if you could even find someone that would work on that equipment owned by an assisted living facility and you calling to have it worked on.......would be a miracle. I would only work on it if the facility called me......Not You! Learn to bitch a little louder. Bubba
Call two or three companies out to estimate the job. Choose the one which is polite, and explains the matter to you in terms you can understand.
At the moment, I don't have enough information to know what you're dealing with. Sounds like baseboard eletric, with a setting for low, medium, high.
--

Christopher A. Young;
.

"John-in-Tonawanda" < snipped-for-privacy@geomatrix.com> wrote in message
here ya go
http://www.dlii.com/wiring.html
stormy wouldnt know a ptac, from his own ass,
should be possible,
but id start with the administrator of the facility, id tell them you'll put the rent into escrow. till its fixed
good luck