Sealing Ducts

I am sealing my ducts with mastic. However, there is one area that I can't reach between the duct and he subfloor. I can feel a cold air draft up there fom the AC. Since I can't reach it, would it make sense to spray some of that Dow "Great Stuff" foam up there and let it expand and seal it?
My ducts are galvanized, circa 1965. Thanks.
Anyone sober reading this, and can help me?

No, LOL, but this ain't a Homeowner help forum anyway... Try alt.home.repair
"Joseph" wrote:

bullshit. nobodys forcing nobody to read or to respond.

No one's sober!!! Joke??? Sorry for leaving out a :)
Agree about reading etc.. and my opinion is that homeowner ???s can be answered elsewhere not here. That is my opinion and I do not respond to homeowner questions. I didn't tell you not too or how to post anything??? I do however put my occasional two cents in when I have time to post.
Is this a HO help forum??? Debatable yes but I say no it is not.
Bullshit no, mooseshit maybe... :)
Joseph
-- "Never trust a government that doesn't trust its own citizens with guns."
Ben Franklin
On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:07:30 -0400, "Buck Turgidson"

yeah. Everyone knows you need "Buck-Plug" NOT "butt-plug". Seals em up in one easy coat. Bubba

You have one hell of a learning disorder, don't you?

galvanized tin meets building code, expando-foam doesn't.
I'd be real leery of the expando-foam approach, especially if it outgasses formaldehyde or other toxic/carcenogenic etc vapors. Pull the grill and seal from the inside, as far up/down as you can reach.
I'd be concerned that the foam would push into he duct, and reduce the air flow.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Perhaps jam some fiberglass insulation into the problem spot.
Buck Turgidson wrote:

It should work. I've done it on my own duct work with no problems.