Sealing Ducts

I am sealing my ducts with mastic. However, there is one area that I can't reach between the duct and he subfloor. I can feel a cold air draft up there fom the AC. Since I can't reach it, would it make sense to spray some of that Dow "Great Stuff" foam up there and let it expand and seal it?

My ducts are galvanized, circa 1965. Thanks.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

Anyone sober reading this, and can help me?

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

No, LOL, but this ain't a Homeowner help forum anyway... Try alt.home.repair

Reply to
Joseph

galvanized tin meets building code, expando-foam doesn't.

I'd be real leery of the expando-foam approach, especially if it outgasses formaldehyde or other toxic/carcenogenic etc vapors. Pull the grill and seal from the inside, as far up/down as you can reach.

Reply to
gofish

yeah. Everyone knows you need "Buck-Plug" NOT "butt-plug". Seals em up in one easy coat. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

bullshit. nobodys forcing nobody to read or to respond.

Reply to
gofish

You have one hell of a learning disorder, don't you?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

No one's sober!!! Joke??? Sorry for leaving out a :)

Agree about reading etc.. and my opinion is that homeowner ???s can be answered elsewhere not here. That is my opinion and I do not respond to homeowner questions. I didn't tell you not too or how to post anything??? I do however put my occasional two cents in when I have time to post.

Is this a HO help forum??? Debatable yes but I say no it is not.

Bullshit no, mooseshit maybe... :)

Joseph

-- "Never trust a government that doesn't trust its own citizens with guns."

Ben Franklin

Reply to
Joseph

I'd be concerned that the foam would push into he duct, and reduce the air flow.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

kinda like your 'roids do. if you remove 'em, you are a perfect asshole

Reply to
DIMwit

Reply to
Bennett Price

It should work. I've done it on my own duct work with no problems.

Reply to
Jay Stootzmann