How do I seal copper pipe under pressure?

Page 2 of 2

---

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Wait until I retire then real problem will start I will be busting every body's bolts
---
Grumpy wrote:

Grumpy wrote:

---
Grumpy wrote:

You've got a lot more time on your hands than brains, that's for sure.
I was particularly amused by your complete misunderstanding of IAQ and the purpose of HRV's.
Carry on.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
.p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Why is everybody so jealous that I have time on my hands. Yes, I gots 100% free time, 90% brains and I like to tinker. Get over it.

I don't recall expounding on either, except to state that a primary objective is reduction in indoor humidity in winter. Icky things happen when the dew point is higher than the window temperature. Is that wrong? (oh crap, now I'm gonna get a nitpicky lecture complete with insults on latent heat and that the windows can't get lower than the dew point...just let it go... the point is that the windows get wet if you do nothing.) The heat exchanger allows recovery of some of the heat while "out goes the bad air, in comes the good air". That wrong too?
So enlighten me, oh wise one. Help me rectify my complete misunderstanding.
ALL I really wanted was input on sealing pipes with freon in 'em. Amusing you was an unexpected consequence.

    Bzzt. Try again.

    No, I wouldn't confuse you with all that. I'd merely mention that during the winter, the outside RH is low, and the inside RH is even lower, leading to the invention of a little device called a HUMIDIFIER, that tries to keep inside RH > 30 % in the winter.

    Then you should have asked. Answer - You don't. You seal them FIRST, THEN put the refrigerant in.
    But you just keep on trying to condense R134a a 32 F and 1 atmos if you like.

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
.p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Maybe where you live.

Ok, how do you get the refrigerant in AFTER you've sealed it?

I NEVER implied that. The term "UNDER PRESSURE" mean anything to you? Nobody is trying to condense anything. It's going in at 100 psi. That's why I want to seal a pipe under pressure. (quoting the subject line for those who don't read.)

pneumatics, then maybe some basic refrigeration courses, and then there is brazing/welding......
Unfortunately, they don't have any courses in COMMON SENSE.

    Gee, I dunno. How does an AC or refrigeration tech add freon to a sealed system ? Seeing as it's done millions of times every year, all over the world, I bet there's a way ! Dont'cha think ?
    Do you know what the phrase 'set of gauges' means to an AC tech ? Why don't you go try to figure out how they work ?

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Paul, you know better than that, you know that osmosis stuff ...its just pure magic!!

R134a is NOT a Freon, it is a Suva. Both are trademarks of DuPont.
---

Grumpy wrote:

---

    Waddya mean ? Waddya mean ?