Honeywell Thermostat - HELP! PLEASE! I'm freeeezzzzzing!

I have a Honeywell Chronotherm 3 thermostat (T8602) that is giving me trouble. I use to override the WAKE, SLEEP, etc. settings and use the thermostat manually by pressing the up or down arrows to get to the temp I wanted and then press the hold button. Worked great. Can't do that anymore. When I set it to the temp I want, the furnace will come on for a few minutes and then stop. Then the thermostat makes a clicking noise for about 30 seconds. The batteries are fresh. The thermostat is about 20 years old. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
sbernelli

Posting to a newsgroup with a vague problem and hoping someone can tell you exactly what's wrong isn't the best way to get your heater fixed. My T8601 makes a click when it calls for heat. Not sure if the T8602 clicks. It could be the thermostat, or a loose thermostat wire, or a loose wire in the heater, or a relay that supplies power to the thermostat, or a bunch of other things. You have a few choices, you can start to replace parts until you stumble across the right one, you can go to school and learn how to trouble shoot it yourself, or you can call a competent service company and pay them. If you're really freezing, I'd go with the last option.

Reply to
Bobb

sounds like this is the one time when i'd say , "replace the Thermostat"

just make sure you turn the power off to the furnace ,

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

Sounds like time to get a new stat. I would also guess that the system is 20 years old also... maybe replace them as a set??

Reply to
Noon-Air